The Lutheran Church of the Redeemer is located at 731 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer was established in 1903 as the first English–language Lutheran congregation in Atlanta. The current sanctuary was built in 1952, and in 1996, the construction of an atrium and additional classrooms brought the church closer to Peachtree Street.
Redeemer has long been known for its worship and music, as well as for its many outreach ministries, including Lutheran Towers, a senior living community; Lutheran Midtown Preschool, a dual language preschool;
and the Lutheran Community Food Ministry, which serves hundreds of meals each week. Each Sunday, there are three worship services – two with choir and organ, and one with a jazz trio. Redeemer’s music program is diverse, with two children’s choirs, a youth choir, three adult choral ensembles, three handbell choirs, a brass ensemble, and a concert series.
Visit our website at www.redeemer.org.
The 59 stop, 73 rank organ was designed and built by Orgues Létourneau Ltée and dedicated in December 2002, in time for the church’s centennial year. A key element in the design of the instrument is a contemporary version of a “Bach Organ,” which also offers the tonal resources necessary to perform the full range of organ repertoire. Blending with the organ’s German heritage is the Récit, voiced in the style of the nineteenth-century French master, Aristide Cavaillé-Coll. The main organ façade incorporates wood carvings from the church’s previous Austin organ, including depictions of ancient musical instruments and the names of four significant composers – Luther, Bach, Handel, and Mendelssohn.
|2002 – Op. 80|
|3 Manuals, 5 Divisions, 73 Ranks, 59 Stops|
61 note manuals
|(Click here for detailed specifications about the organ.)|