More than 51 million visitors annually head to Atlanta, and with good reason. There’s plenty of fun activities in this great city, where visitors can enjoy pleasant weather, historic sites, and modern amenities.
While the list of fun things to do in Atlanta could be a very long one, here are 10 of the top activities to do on your visit.
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium: This world-renowned aquarium has everything from sea lions to a dolphin show to whale sharks. There’s more marine life in one place than you imagined you could see and you can spend an entire day enjoying the shows, watching the animals and enjoying the calming aquarium waters.
- Take a tour of the World of Coca Cola: Sample more than 100 beverages, learn the history of this iconic American soft drink and meet the Coca Cola bear at this exciting attraction.
- Visit the Delta Flight Museum: Delta is headquartered in Atlanta and their Flight Museum spans 68,000 educational acres. You can test your pilot skills with a flight simulator, see planes from days gone by, and enjoy immersive exhibits that are great fun for anyone who is fascinated by the miracle of flight.
- Take a CNN Studio Tour: This one is great for news junkies who want an insider’s view of how the news gets made. You may even catch a glimpse of some of your favorite tv show hosts that you see on cable news every night.
- Get your exercise on the Atlanta Beltline: Do you enjoy being outdoors and getting your blood pumping with a little physical activity? You can walk, run, or bike the Beltline while making sure to take plenty of breaks to enjoy art galleries, local restaurants, and shops.
- See a play at Alliance Theatre: This Tony-award winning theatre gives you the chance to see broadway hits before they hit the Big Apple.
- Visit the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum: If you’re a fan of politics, this one is for you. Jimmy Carter’s presidential library not only provides education on the accomplishments of America’s peanut-farming president, but there’s even a replica Oval Office so you can get a first-hand glimpse into what this room embodying American politics and power looks like.
- Take time to smell the roses: The Atlanta Botanical Gardens span 30 acres and provide ample opportunity to enjoy the beauty of lush gardens and fragrant exotic flowers.
- Shop at Krog Street Market: This food hall is sure to have delicious treats for every person’s taste. The market is set in a unique 1920’s warehouse space and you can sample a wide array of culinary delights from simple to fancy. While visiting, be sure to check out the street art at the Krog Street Tunnel too.
- Museum of Design Atlanta: Atlanta has plenty of great museums, but the Museum of Design has unique offerings not found elsewhere, including exhibits on fashion, furniture, and interiors.
These are just some of the many great activities you can enjoy on your visit to Atlanta. The best thing about the city is that there’s something for everyone to do, whether you like sports, culture, or classic American brands.