Coronavirus Update: The AGO National Convention is going ahead as planned. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta in four months.

First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church

Website | Directions | Phone: (404) 892-8461 | Music Ministry | Concerts @ First

Events

Monday, 7/6/20209:00 AM – 5:00 PMNYACOP Finals
Thursday, 7/9/20202:00 PM – 3:00 PMRecital: NYACOP/NCOI 2018 Winners (Kalle Toivio & Aaron Tan)
3:00 PM – 3:15 PMBuses Leave for Convention Center
3:30 PM – 4:30 PMRecital: NYACOP/NCOI 2018 Winners (Kalle Toivio & Aaron Tan)
4:30 PM – 4:45 PMBuses Leave for Emory University or Convention Hotel

Location

 

About

The First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta is located at 1328 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309.

About the Church

Founded in 1848, First Presbyterian Church is located at the corner of Peachtree and 16th Streets, next to the Woodruff Arts Center. We are an urban church known for being a leader in worship, spiritual formation, service, community relationships, and the arts. Many families who have helped build this city have been and are members of FPC and the church has celebrated some notable milestones.

We are home to the longest continually-running preschool in the southeast, founded 70 years ago. Among our numerous local mission efforts, FPC has a thirty-five-year tradition of feeding 250 homeless guests breakfast every Sunday and offering up to 12 women safe housing and support through the Women’s Transformation Center on campus.

We have the oldest continuous religious radio broadcast in the world, airing on WSB radio since 1922. FPC was also the first Atlanta church to broadcast its services on television—a broadcast that continues today. FPC has strong relationships with the surrounding arts community, including the High Museum of Art, Museum of Design Atlanta, Alliance Theater, Atlanta Symphony, Atlanta Opera, and others. The church regularly hosts concerts and events through these partnerships. FPC continues to build on these traditions as we look forward to our 175th Anniversary in 2023.

Contact Us

Visit our website at www.firstpresatl.org.

About the Organ

Originally built by Pilcher in 1919, FPC’s sanctuary organ was significantly enlarged by Möller in 1969, Zimmer in 1992, and most recently by Orgelbau Klais from Germany in collaboration with AE Schlueter Pipe Organ from Lithonia, GA. This renovation, which was completed in September 2018, brought the instrument to a total of 112 ranks in 10 divisions. Six of them are located in the front of the church and four in the back, including the newly added Echo division.

With its rich and warm foundation stops and large variety of (orchestral) solo voices, the organ is firmly rooted in the tradition of the American symphonic organ, but also incorporating the influence of the organ reform movement with five choruses of mixtures.

The Syndyne control system includes many state-of-the-art features, such as programmable pedal divide, custom couplers, and sostenuto on all four manuals of the main console. The entire instrument can also be played from a two-manual console in the rear gallery.

Manufacturer:Pilcher 1919
Möller 1969 – Zimmer 1992 – Klais/Schlueter 2018
10 Divisions, 112 Ranks, 6,397 Pipes
(Click here for detailed specifications about the organ.)