Coronavirus Update: The AGO National Convention is going ahead as planned. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta in four months.

Cathedral of St. Philip

Cathedral of St. Philip

Website | Directions | Phone: (404) 365-1000 | Music Ministry

Events

Friday, 7/10/2020 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM2020 NYACOP Winner’s Recital
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Closing Choral Evensong
6:00 PM – 7:30 PMFriday Dinner
6:00 PM – 7:15 PMBuses Leave for Peachtree Road United Methodist Church

Location

 

About

About the Church

The Cathedral of St. Philip is located at 2744 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30305.

About the Cathedral

Established in 1846 and designated the cathedral for the Diocese of Atlanta at its inception in 1907, the Cathedral of St. Philip has occupied its current campus in Buckhead since 1933. Mikell Chapel was completed in 1947 and the Cathedral Nave was completed in 1962. In 2004, much of the campus experienced extensive renovation when the current educational wing of the main building was added.

Contact Us

Visit our website at www.cathedralatl.org.

About the Organ

The classical American organ company Aeolian-Skinner built the Cathedral’s 96-rank main organ (Opus 1399) immediately after completion of the main Cathedral worship space in 1962. The organ then underwent tonal revisions in 1992 after significant renovations of the Cathedral’s acoustic earlier that year. The current organ console, built by Schoenstein & Co., was added in 2011.

Manufacturer:Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company
1962 – Op. 1399
1992 – Tonal revisions, additions and reconfigurations
John Hendriksen, former Aeolian-Skinner flue voicer, performed tonal revisions.
Gallery Organ silenced; pipes were incorporated into the Great and Swell.
Manufacturer:Schoenstein & Co.
2011 – New console
(Click here for detailed specifications about the organ.)